Adding MX security appliance to existing network

SOLVED
Silas1066
Getting noticed

Adding MX security appliance to existing network

We just purchased a MX84 to add to our existing Meraki network (that has switches and APs in it)

I went into dashboard and added the order # and serial of the MX and claimed it successfully, but I don't see any new tabs for the MX, and I don't see the device in my existing inventory

Is there something else I need to do to get this to show up in dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

So if you go to organization>inventory and select 'Both' in the tabs, you are not seeing the device?  If it has already been added to a network that had a, same model, MX then it'll just be in there as a spare on the MX page. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

if you dont see it in your inventory you can't add it to a network and you won't see the security appliance tab. 

how about the license is that one added?

try  add the serial again? Any error?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

So if you go to organization>inventory and select 'Both' in the tabs, you are not seeing the device?  If it has already been added to a network that had a, same model, MX then it'll just be in there as a spare on the MX page. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the order email list an MX84-HW?  If it doesn't appear in your inventory then that suggests it was not added correctly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels