Access Control - Google as a 3rd Party

SOLVED
DerekJ
Conversationalist

Access Control - Google as a 3rd Party

We have setup our access control for 3rd Party credentials (Student Google Accts). We are running into a couple of issues. 

#1 - Around 5-10% of the students have issues with Google login page even loading. They see the Meraki Captive Portal that allows them to click the Google login icon and then it starts to load a new page but it stays blank. For the majority, it is fine and it loads the input box for an email address but for others it does not. Right now we still allow https traffic anyway but I would like to troubleshoot this issue. Any thoughts?

#2 - They are prompted to login way too often. At least a few times a day and Im pretty sure its not an IP issue. We were hoping it could be just once a day. Might this have something to do with the Controller disconnection behaviour?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Mayur_Gadhvi
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

I don't think I am able to answer the first question because, I think we have not established a problem yet and want some more detailed information to start with but yes for the frequency of the splash page, you can always go to wireless> splash page > Splash Frequency (By default it is one day) and adjust the value.

Mayur_Gadhvi_1-1581659067995.png

There is a setting under the access control called Simultaneous logins, you should try adjusting that value as well.

Mayur_Gadhvi_0-1581658858950.png

Thank you,

It was set to one day but has been happening much more frequently. I upped it even more so I will monitor if that changes anything.

dade80vr
Getting noticed

Hi, same problem here:

Around 5-10% of the students have issues with Google login page even loading. They see the Meraki Captive Portal that allows them to click the Google login icon and then it starts to load a new page but it stays blank. For the majority, it is fine and it loads the input box for an email address but for others it does not. Right now we still allow https traffic anyway but I would like to troubleshoot this issue. Any thoughts?

Actually no devices can sign-on Google because Google OAuth page still reloading on user mail selection and no password is asked.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels