3rd ISP WAN Port on MX 100?

Solved
SteveInNP
Here to help

3rd ISP WAN Port on MX 100?

We have a Meraki MX100 firewall device. We currently have 2 internet ISP lines attached to ports 1 and 2 on the device. The traffic is load balanced across these two WANs. All is operational. The IT Director is requiring a 3rd internet ISP line be connected to this device and for all VIDEO traffic to be routed to this ISP.

Is this Meraki capable of supporting a third ISP line and being able to keep that line separated from the load balancing pool of WAN1 and WAN2,  so only specific traffic can be directed to that 3rd ISP line? If so are there any resources available which can provide some technical details on how to do this?  

1 Accepted Solution
Nick
Head in the Cloud

You could add flow preferences for these VLAN or specific IP's to push them out over a line. Though you would require the additional MX unit in place still

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Thank you, I saw that article and that is what prompted this post. If I understand the accepted solution and some of the other posts, basically I can install another MX device and arrogate the lines into that MX device and then connect that up to my existing MX device. That does make sense. But If I am understanding this correctly, these lines will be pooled together for the purpose of load balancing, I could not direct specific traffic to a specific line. Am I understanding this correctly?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>3rd internet ISP line be connected to this device and for all VIDEO traffic to be routed to this ISP.

How are you going to create a rule to be able to do this?  Are you talking about You Tube, video conferencing, or something else?

This may be tricky to achieve.

We have a Datto device which backs up data to the cloud and a video security system which also backs up data to the cloud. We would like to separate out this traffic.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

You could add flow preferences for these VLAN or specific IP's to push them out over a line. Though you would require the additional MX unit in place still
Vendy
Comes here often

Hi Nick, interesting.. we have some request from customer that require 3rd ISP.

Have you implement this? How is the topology? 
thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels