transferring a recently purchased gx20

SOLVED
speakerfritz
A model citizen

transferring a recently purchased gx20

bought a gx20 about 45 days ago and bought a gx50 this week.

so can the gx20 be sold to someone else? 

do I need to do anything before I sell it? 

I already had to take it off my meraki go acct because only 1 gateway is allowed per location.    

Alternatively, can I use a different email to setup a new site and give it to my son ?

there is no license involved so Im thinking transferring ownership should nt be a big deal????

cant keep it on my network since meraki only allows 1 gateway so it cant be used for a guest network or redundant  gateway/ISP connections.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArtMarshall
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

As long as the GX20 device was removed from your account (which happens automatically when you add the GX50), it should be OK to reuse it on a new account for your son.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ArtMarshall
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

As long as the GX20 device was removed from your account (which happens automatically when you add the GX50), it should be OK to reuse it on a new account for your son.

@ArtMarshall - I was unable to add my GX50 - the message I received was I already had a GX, there other message I received just had an error message. Do you have the steps that need to be taken documented by any chance?

When I upgraded from gx20 to gx50

i removed the gx20 in both the cloud app and the iPhone app.

waited 5 minutes

then did a normal gx50 add.

once I did that , I had a gx50 error until the new fox 50 synced up.

took about 15 minutes for the cloud app and iPhone app to sync up.

what was the removal process exactly, was it via the delete button by navigating to hardware, then GX20 and scrolling to the bottom? or via the add hardware?

when I try either way it does not work. I have not tried using both apps. I also use the iPad as well... 

speakerfritz
A model citizen

Yes, the delete button on the device in the cloud device list.

as soon as that sync’s, your entire device list will show as off line until the gx50 is installed.

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

Thanks for the fast response - 

That has been the process I have been using. Each time I go to hardware I see the GX20 back online. This time I deleted using my laptop, iPhone and iPad. When I went to hardware to add the GX50 it was back online. Do I need to wait longer or does have the security umbrella add a layer of complexity?

Use the cloud software

https://web.meraki-go.com/#login

as soon as you delete the gx20, all your devices will show off line.

So you will need another way to temporarily manage your Meraki go network with the cloud software.

the local software will eventually sync up.

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

Just to make sure of the process - I was able to remove and add back in one of my access points. I guess this verifies my iPhone app and cloud app are working. Really not sure why the GX20 is being such a pain. I reviewed my notes on all of the install and issues I had with the Meraki-Go and the only item that stood out was - the support team had to make some changes for me in the "cloud" to activate my security umbrella service I purchased. I guess I will have to wait for the Meraki Team to chime in.

it sounds like you are saying since your iphone app has demonstrated it can remove and add an AP, you want to do the gx50 using your local apps as well (iphone app or wha ever).     up to you...but there is a difference with removing/adding a switch or AP than a gateway....once you remove your gateway...all your devices are off line.

and yes...if you do not want to use https://web.meraki-go.com/#login   , then yes....someone else will have to get involved and make the changes for you.

also...you mimght want to start a new thread....this thread is marked as solved...so if oyu want help...start a new thread and also submit a specific ticket.

good l;uck.

Thanks for you input and yes I submitted a ticket - no response of yet and I did start a thread the other day and no input. I have used the web as well with no joy...

You have been very helpful and I know now that I am not "crazy" and doing things the proper way. 

Have a great day...