Wireless Mesh?

SOLVED
Danjns
Here to help

Wireless Mesh?

Do the Meraki Go APs create a wireless mesh if they don’t have a cabled connection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Otis_Io
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Danjns

That is a great question! Indeed the Meraki Go APs use the same meshing technology as our normal Cisco Meraki APs so they will be able to form a mesh connection with other APs in the same Meraki Go account. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Regards,

Otis 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Otis_Io
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Danjns

That is a great question! Indeed the Meraki Go APs use the same meshing technology as our normal Cisco Meraki APs so they will be able to form a mesh connection with other APs in the same Meraki Go account. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Regards,

Otis 

Roska
A model citizen

Yes, works great although hoping to see the mesh or wired status on HW side update without closing the app and launching it again on my mobile.

Ok, so this means that we can only add Meraki APs to our Meraki account ? Or is it possible to also create a mesh using another hardware we might have, and add this to the meraki account?

And just to confirm, we need:

ISP (Combo modem/router) ---[ wired to]---meraki ASP ~~~[wireless] ~~~ another Meraki AP ? 

VincentPanico
Getting noticed

Hi Danjns -

Just to build on Otis's reply - unlike many of the other mesh networking products out there, you don't need even need to plug each device into the network for initial setup.

The Meraki Go Access Points will recognize they're part of the same Go network and automatically build out your wireless network. Plug the first device into the network and power, and simply plug the rest of your APs into power (as long as they're in range of your network) and they'll grow the mesh.