VPN ??

SOLVED
matthew4osu
Here to help

VPN ??

First of all I am stoked about the new product announcement!!!

Can the new GX create a VPN to each other? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lee
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi Matthew, 

No the GX does not support site to site VPN, or client VPN. 

Lee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lee
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi Matthew, 

No the GX does not support site to site VPN, or client VPN. 

Lee

SO
Here to help

Hello. Excuse me for cutting in. Is there a roadmap for Meraki Go security appliances to support VPN in the first place?

Soichiro

GRH
Conversationalist

Yes, PLEASE!  Right now, this is the only thing preventing me from using it more.  The VPN doesn't need to be feature-rich.  Just basic client VPN, using either native Mac/Windows client, or better yet with Cisco AnyConnect.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Greetings SO and all on the thread,

Supporting VPN can mean a wide range of things. To dispel any existing confusion:

• The GX product cannot be a VPN end-point for client devices or site to site VPN.
  • The GX does allow VPN traffic to pass through it.

What this means is you cannot client VPN to your GX from a remote location, and this would be considered a feature request (or a wish in the app). It is also not possible to link GX's together in a site-to-site VPN topology.

However, nothing is stopping clients on your GX network from establishing VPN connections outbound.

As an example, while connected to my Meraki Go full stack, I am able to establish a VPN tunnel with my open VPN server and reach tools and resources hosted on that remote network.

I hope this post helps clear any confusion around what the GX can and cannot do regarding VPN.

TyShawn
A model citizen

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I wanted to verify if this still a limitation of the platform?

SO
Here to help

Of course, VPN is still not supported. It is about VLAN has been supported by the recent news.Screenshot_20201020_125922_com.meraki.go.jpg