VLAN and DHCP

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

VLAN and DHCP

I am reposting this in the Questions and Answers forum:

This is the first time I am getting time to play with my full stack of Meraki Go equipment in a while.

I set up a VLAN on a test SSID today.  When I try to connect to that SSID, I cannot get an IP Address.  I cannot see anywhere to add another DHCP pool for the VLAN, or apply the VLAN to a port on.my switch or firewall.

What am I missing?

- Dave

Dave Anderson
3 REPLIES 3
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@DHAnderson 

The GX currently only supports DHCP services for one subnet. If you want to implement additional vlans in your network you would need to run DHCP services from another server and under settings>advanced settings>local network addressing click edit and chose use another DHCP service.

Knowledge is power
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

It is unlikely that a small coffee shop or barber shop will have any servers or multiple devices that support DHCP.  But these types of customers do take credit cards and therefore should be in PCI compliance.  That means the credit card machines must be on a separate network from all other devices.

The Meraki Go is aimed squarely at these types of customers.  It is disappointing that you can specify a VLAN ID for a SSID, but that will break WiFi functionality on a pure Meraki Go stack.

- Dave

Dave Anderson

@DHAnderson - I will get back to you ASAP with updates on VLAN support with Meraki Go full stack. 

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki