Meraki Go in 2022 - are we late to the party?

SOLVED
speakerfritz
A model citizen

Meraki Go in 2022 - are we late to the party?

So its 2022 and Meraki Go has been out for a few years.   After buying a GX20, 2 GR10's and a GS110-8P I am now wondering how much useful life is left on this model/line before we get notified of end of life and out of support?

I recently had this happen with another brand which after they bricked the hardware....I was forced to buy replacement hardware.

Since Meraki Go has a cloud interface...its unlikely this equipment will work once EOL/EOS is announced.

Its like you have to join the party at the beginning to get  a decent return on investment.

Paid almost 500 for everything in May of 2022.....any rumors of remaining useful life on the GX20, GR10, GS110?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
UARiT
Here to help

In my 13 years of Meraki experience No.  You will Not be left out in the cold even when the gear is EOL or EOS.  I just setup a couple OD2 circa 2012/13? On a legacy Meraki Dashboard and it DLD the updates and rebooted a couple of times and now we got a crappy G mesh a-la Meraki pre-Cisco...

I can tell you that the GX20 gateway is your weak point. 250 Mbps of throughput is Garbage. That's the only reason not to use Go. This will almost certainly be refreshed to support at minimum 500 if not a proper GB WAN. At that point, I will reduce the UBNT garbage in my realm back to the hobbyists and nerds where it belongs.  Also $500 is a pitifully small amount of money to spend on a decent home or SMB network. You got your moneys worth already. 

Stick with Meraki. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
UARiT
Here to help

In my 13 years of Meraki experience No.  You will Not be left out in the cold even when the gear is EOL or EOS.  I just setup a couple OD2 circa 2012/13? On a legacy Meraki Dashboard and it DLD the updates and rebooted a couple of times and now we got a crappy G mesh a-la Meraki pre-Cisco...

I can tell you that the GX20 gateway is your weak point. 250 Mbps of throughput is Garbage. That's the only reason not to use Go. This will almost certainly be refreshed to support at minimum 500 if not a proper GB WAN. At that point, I will reduce the UBNT garbage in my realm back to the hobbyists and nerds where it belongs.  Also $500 is a pitifully small amount of money to spend on a decent home or SMB network. You got your moneys worth already. 

Stick with Meraki. 

thanks for the comments UARiT

250 thru put on the GX20 is fine for us right now.   2 folks working from home.   end to end internet speed test is 220+- and our network has never been that fast.

I moved from a netgear "super duper" gaming router that claimed 1GB through put  and worked decent....but internet speed test were never better than 150+- and the router has some known bug that requires forlks to hard reset it weekly.   no matter what firmware used.  

the meraki go network setup firewall+switch+APs has been working extremely well.   

I was push out of my prior network equipment that I had bought .....less than a year after buying...they went EOL/EOS and bricked all the routers.   They must have been in violation of some open source rules or something....I have never seen a router company brick their equipment  at EOL/EOS.