Meraki Go and Meraki enterprise accounts for same customer

Solved
Roska
A model citizen

Meraki Go and Meraki enterprise accounts for same customer

Hello all

Based on the info found in this community I´ve found out an assumption that you can´t create a Meraki Go account if you already have a Meraki enterprise account created for the same email address. I currently have Meraki enterprise and Meraki Go accounts with separate email aliases and this is working fine. I´d test this by using the same email I´ve setup Enterprise account but I currently do not have any unclaimed Go subscription to test this with.

Could you confirm  that its not possible to run Go and Enterprise accounts with same customer email?

1 Accepted Solution
VincentPanico
Getting noticed

6 Replies 6
VincentPanico
Getting noticed

This is correct. 

So is it safe to say that the Meraki go AP that I jut purchased will need to be returned?  I have an existing MX60 and a MR16.  I was just trying to add-on an outdoor AP for my area and I guess this was not the right choice.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Troberts1966 - 

The Meraki Go Outdoor Access Point will work along side your existing MX60 and MR16, however, it is managed through a separate iOS/Android app. If you're looking for a device that integrates with the Meraki Enterprise Dashboard, you'll need a different device.

Vincent

Vincent:

Tanks for the info.  I do have a follow-up.  When you say the Meraki-go AP will work alongside the other Meraki gear... can I use the same SSID on Meraki and Meraki-go APs and allow users to roam between them?

Even if I have to use the app the manage the Meraki-go AP, this would be a great option.

Hi @scourgio -

This would be similar to using a different brand access point and configuring it with the same SSID and PSK. In the end, your client devices will be able to roam between them (by disassociating and re-associating to the in-range AP). You'll lose out on some of the Client Balancing and Roaming features that come with enterprise Meraki gear.

Vincent

OK, Thanks
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.