Meraki Go PoE Switches Resolved

MiriamGo
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Meraki Go PoE Switches Resolved

Hi everyone,

For those of you using Meraki Go PoE switches, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience yesterday as we worked to resolve a firmware issue that was impacting their ability to deliver PoE. 

We've found a resolution for this issue, so if you were affected and are still encountering PoE power issues:

1. Please open a support case in the Meraki Go mobile app or web portal (see steps here)
  2. Provide us with the case number - either in this thread, via DM to myself or Art Marshall (@ArtMarshall), or via merakigo@cisco.com, so that we can ensure that your issue is addressed.

We are also actively working on a remediation plan to prevent this from happening in the future. 

Again, we very much appreciate your patience as we worked on fixing this and thank each of you for being a Meraki Go customer. 

cc @ArtMarshall 

Miriam Kung
Meraki Go Product Marketing
52 REPLIES 52
Babera
Here to help

am still having issue. Case number is 09418497

Sorry you're still having issues @Babera, we'll follow up directly on your case! 

Miriam Kung
MAEngineer20
Conversationalist

Thanks for the update. I do not have a case open, and this is for a few of my clients.

Will the fix be applied automatically, like this firmware was? Are there any steps that need to be taken manually?

Each organization will need a case opened to address this problem so that we can ensure that we are fixing all affected switches.

The fix will be applied for each case by our support team once we have authorization to perform the changes. The process is fairly quick and the switch will restart into the new firmware version. 

Once you have case numbers, please share them with us. 

Thank you!

There is no way to open this without a case? These are layer 2, unmanaged switches. I rarely set up an account with the Meraki Go app, as I dont have any need to manage the switch. How can I go about getting devices fixed that are not tied to an account? These switches are spread out across multiple sites, so me going to each location is not viable.

Unfortunately they need to be claimed in an organization in order for support to be able to resolve the issue.

If you have serial numbers, you will be able to claim them to your existing Meraki Go account and open a case from there. 

ArtMarshall
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi all, I have two additional things to note:

1. If you have recently purchased a Meraki Go switch and have not powered it on, please claim it to your organization before plugging the switch in. This will prevent your switch from attempting the firmware upgrade to GS 15.21.
  2. If you have a switch that has been powered but that has not been claimed to a Meraki Go account, you will need to claim it to a Meraki Go account before contacting support. 

Thank you for your patience and for being a Meraki Go customer!

Art

I only have a few clients and don't think I have had this issue yet, but can you please clarify if I am understanding correctly that even switches never been claimed may still try to upgrade themselves? 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

That is correct. Switches that have not been claimed to an organization will attempt to upgrade themselves to GS 15.21.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I just checked 5 clients I have using Go switches and they are all 14.32 or 14.33.  Are they safe?

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Actually one on 11.31

If those Go switches are all claimed to an organization, they will not attempt an upgrade to GS 15.21 and are safe!

rigrx
New here

Hey, I also have this problem: Case 09425877 - EDIT: On GS 15.21

Added you to the support queue @rigrx !

Perfect, thanks! 🤝🏻 How long will it take to get fixed? 

I don't have a specific estimate but the support team is making good progress on getting to everyone!

Ok thanks anyways! Do I get a reply once it is solved? 

Yes, the support team will contact you first requesting authorization to make the change (since it will briefly take your switch offline) and then confirm when the procedure is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

RickKilleen
Conversationalist

Still having issues as well. Case # 09426707

@RickKilleen- we'll make sure Support takes care of you! 

Miriam Kung
MashPotato
New here

My 110-8P PoE is not working.

Case Number is 09421768.

Wireless accesspoint MR36 do not work.

Gogo
Here to help

Hi, I opened a case 2 days ago, no. 09415683 and

• was asked to reset to factory settings - did that, did not help
  • to give Meraki permission to rollback my switches; I gave the permission, but nothing happened yet

Please follow up for the 2 GS110-24P in my Meraki account.

Thanks - I've made sure that your case is added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

Hello, when can I expect the fix/rollback?

Today is already the 5th day without PoE capabilities.

It is very urgent, since all Wifi APs, security cameras and the building entry management need PoE.

MiriamGo
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@Gogo sounds like Support helped you get back and running this morning, but let us know if you're still experiencing any issues. Many thanks for your patience! 

Miriam Kung

Thank you. After the rollback to Version GS 14.33.1 everything seems to run fine now.

It leaves the question, whether I should deactivate automatic updates for the moment until Meraki team has fixed the problem in the newest Firmware Version.

VictorMartinez1
New here

Thank you. Your case is added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

BMB
Conversationalist

I have has this case open since Friday 09426538 

Please push this update ASAP. was hoping to have my clients up by Monday. 

Thank you. Your case is added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

BMB
Conversationalist

I approved the rollback still waiting. Customer still VERY sad they don't have phones. Anything we can do to expedite this fix would be greatly appreciated. 

BenjaminLeh
Conversationalist

i'm still having this issue. Case 09430360

BenjaminLeh
Conversationalist

I have a case number and i'm still affected. Everything offline since friday.

Case 09430360 @ArtMarshall 

Your case has been added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

DasBlu
New here

Case 09432117

I also have the error. Please for the fastest possible solution!!!

Your case has been added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

Thanks,

Art

MIBO
New here

Case 09432509, we have two switches that have the poe problem

Thanks! Your case has been added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

rpaczkow
Conversationalist

I am still having issue. Meraki Go Case 09430006

Thank you. Your case has been added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

MBiese
Conversationalist

Case 09432992 - Please update me when you have an update.

Thank you for sharing this. Your case has been added to the queue for this issue. Our support team will be in contact with you.

Please tell the support team or update my ticket that I authorize them to push the changes immediately.  The switch has been temporarily taken off the network and is not service any clients.  It is online and reported to the dashboard.

Stech
Here to help

I dont think i have access to serial number for my switch (with out taking it out) can it be pulled from the amazon order 2 years ago. our switch is not working

Unfortunately we don't have access to Amazon order information.

In the Meraki Go app, the serial number is visible by selecting the device under the Hardware tab. 

FrPatrick
New here

I have two GS110-48P units that are not functioning since last Thursday.  No POE.  Case # 09427741.  It sure would have saved me a lot of time to have known it was a firmware issue instead of figuring it out myself and googling for an answer.

We've added your case to the support queue. Thank you!

MBiese
Conversationalist

Please apply the patch to the switch on Case 09438893.

The switch is segregated from the rest of the network and is not service clients at this time.  I approve pushing the patch asap without notification.

Thank you.

We've added your case to the support queue. Thank you!

Stech
Here to help

case number: 09491347 - pls assist

PeterB2
Conversationalist

Hello,

I have a GS1100-48 which will not boot. Case 09775344 has been raised.

Kind regards 

jay11
New here

Hello,

Please kindly assist with case number: 11375583, in regard to this issue.

Thanks,