Gr12 transmission pattern

Solved
speakerfritz
A model citizen

Gr12 transmission pattern

Anyone know what the transmission pattern of a gr12 is?

choices are disc, sphere, football shape, etc

it seems to be disc or foot ball shape

2 gr12’s on 3rd floor

media client on 2nd floor

best internet speed for the media client is when the gr12’s are positioned at 45 degrees with the axis of the gr12 in line with the media client.  Which seems to imply that the pattern is not a sphere.

1 Accepted Solution

Ok, so thanks again for the charts and using them I increased the reception to our media server and increased the internet speed .

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @speakerfritz ! Sorry it took such a long time to get back to you on this. This has been a common request, so we've added signal coverage patterns to our datasheets. You can find the signal pattern here now:

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_Datasheets/Meraki_Go_Indoor_WiFi_Access_Point_-_GR12_D...

Thanks for the charts

what is the physical orientation of the access point relative to the charts.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Good point @speakerfritz 

X is going to be the longest side and Y the shortest side if looking at the access point from the top down.
Z, then, is orthogonal to X and Y.

I'll update the document to have a guide to show what I mean.

there was an Internet review of th AP and one pin had a cover offf.  Of note is the the antenna for the two bans are 90 degrees different…..so that would suggest that the x and y axis for the two bands would be 90 degrees apart .  Suggesting that the oreintation for optimal transmission to a device would depend on which band the targeted device was.

IMG_1330.png

Ok, so thanks again for the charts and using them I increased the reception to our media server and increased the internet speed .

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Glad to hear that, @speakerfritz! It really does make a big difference, and I'm glad we were able to make the media server connection a bit faster by getting the information to you.

I'll actually bring up the antenna orientation issue with our team. That does make planning your wireless environment more contingent on the dominant band used by client devices.

We'll have an image similar to what you've posted in our documentation before long. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.