Someone broke the dates on older community posts :)

Solved
Crocker
Building a reputation

Someone broke the dates on older community posts :)

Noticed this when looking at an older thread a few minutes ago. Went back through my own post history, and sure enough! I've got something from April 116th, 2022!

Pretty funny, minor bug

Crocker_0-1710438208185.png

1 Accepted Solution
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

🙋‍ That was me, WHOOPS. Should be fixed now! The date format now defaults to MMM d YYYY (eg Mar 14 2024), as requested by our UX team. (I put “DD” by accident, which gives you the day within the full year 😬)

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

🙋‍ That was me, WHOOPS. Should be fixed now! The date format now defaults to MMM d YYYY (eg Mar 14 2024), as requested by our UX team. (I put “DD” by accident, which gives you the day within the full year 😬)

Crocker
Building a reputation

Culprit identified! Those date format strings are sneaky, would be lying if I said I'd never done that exact same thing.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

FWIW - if you prefer a different date format, or if you'd like to relive the small joy of having "day of the year" as the day 😆 - you can adjust your own date display settings.

1. Click your name in the upper right corner of the screen, then My Settings
  2. Click Preferences, then Display
  3. You can choose your own date format on this screen: image.png 

You can also choose to ALWAYS have absolute dates, or to show relative dates ("three hours ago") for the first 31 days after something is posted.

Enjoy!

P.S. Some of these settings on this screen are super old / probably non-functional / might break things. What is "Display menus dynamically with mouse over"? No idea 😁 Sometimes we just live with what the community platform gives us 🙃

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.