Product Recommendation for Loopback adapters

EN12
Just browsing

Product Recommendation for Loopback adapters

I recently purchased some loopback plugs for the cheap, but the MS355 didn't recognize it.

I realized the port was configured to 5Gbps so it was the cheapo 10/100 Mbps Loopback plug only having the two wire pairs.

RJ45, copper, ethernet loopback plugs.

I'm looking for a RJ45 form factor loopback plug that will support at least 10Gbps and everything below that.

Anyone in the Meraki community used a loopback plug on their devices?

Any product recommendations?

Looking for tried and true. Functional over price. Budget is about 25-50$.

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@EN12 what are you intending to test, I think Meraki switches have loopback protection (apart from the MS390).  I must admit in 25 years of networking to have never used one, an interesting idea though looks more like it would work better with a hub or unmanaged switch?

EN12
Just browsing

@cmr Thanks for the reply. The intention is to essentially verify the port is not causing errors. So using a dumb switch is a good idea and should perform the same function. My preference would be to have a small, light rj45 plug. Easily transportable, effective results.

When you mention 'loopback protection', is that in reference to broadcast-storm loops? I can't seem to find any Meraki docs on loopback plugs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.