Product Recommendation for Loopback adapters

EN12
Just browsing

Product Recommendation for Loopback adapters

I recently purchased some loopback plugs for the cheap, but the MS355 didn't recognize it.

I realized the port was configured to 5Gbps so it was the cheapo 10/100 Mbps Loopback plug only having the two wire pairs.

RJ45, copper, ethernet loopback plugs.

I'm looking for a RJ45 form factor loopback plug that will support at least 10Gbps and everything below that.

Anyone in the Meraki community used a loopback plug on their devices?

Any product recommendations?

Looking for tried and true. Functional over price. Budget is about 25-50$.

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@EN12 what are you intending to test, I think Meraki switches have loopback protection (apart from the MS390).  I must admit in 25 years of networking to have never used one, an interesting idea though looks more like it would work better with a hub or unmanaged switch?

EN12
Just browsing

@cmr Thanks for the reply. The intention is to essentially verify the port is not causing errors. So using a dumb switch is a good idea and should perform the same function. My preference would be to have a small, light rj45 plug. Easily transportable, effective results.

When you mention 'loopback protection', is that in reference to broadcast-storm loops? I can't seem to find any Meraki docs on loopback plugs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.