Music on hold preferences and recommendations?

Prydonian
Conversationalist

Music on hold preferences and recommendations?

So I'm going to blame @merakisimon for this... someone on Twitter complained about the music on hold when calling Meraki support. 

I suggested "I Bet They Won't Play This Song On The Radio," from Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album. When I was in high school, a new radio station played a 7-10 minute loop on non-stop repeat for 3+ weeks to test their equipment, and I didn't really get tired of the song. 

What music would you like to hear on Meraki's music on hold? 

Edited to add: I'm not criticizing the person with valid concerns about being on hold. I hate being on hold too. I'm just pointing out that his comment on the music inspired this thread. 🙂 

9 REPLIES 9
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Anything Laura Mvula, but especially when she did Sing To The Moon with Snarky Puppy.

Andrew Bird, Kishi Bashi, most any kind of motet just so a ton of choirs can get work...

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Ooohhh I love this... Monty Python will be hard to beat. But it's short so maybe a playlist is needed.

Maybe some of these:

The Beatles - Help

Eric Prydz - Call on me

David Bowie - Space Oddity

Adele - Hello

Pink Floyd - Is there anybody out there

Tenacious D - Best song in the world

rburch
Here to help

I'm always a fan of when they let you choose what type of music you want to listen to like "Press 1 for jazz, press 2 for pop, press 3 for silence". I usually just choose silence in those instances though.

I prefer real music not some generic tune playing on a loop as I had to listen to while calling one company the other day, I spent 15 minutes listening to some random tuned played on a flute.....

Some comedy would be different, I think it would be nice to have a laugh during what is usually a frustrating wait.  

SLR
Building a reputation

I second this
SLR
Building a reputation

Anything with a reggae beat would be awesome.
Robamat
Conversationalist

A company called openeye has a comedian telling jokes

As a Networking company might it not be better to have snippets of tech news or phases for practice exams 🙂

Ryans
New here

Anything!  for the love of god anything other than this 15 second Hell Loop

Renerodriquez
Comes here often

great

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.