Meraki Now 4 Hr and 2 Hr - what does it mean?

Orange_Rouge
Conversationalist

Meraki Now 4 Hr and 2 Hr - what does it mean?

Hi there.  So I'm not clear on the Meraki Now service:

Meraki Now 24 x 7 x 4 and Meraki Now 24 x 7 x 2:  "Advance Replacement on a Two-Hour Response basis" or "Advance Replacement on a Four-Hour Response basis"

What does this actually mean?  Cisco/Meraki will respond within 2 / 4 hours, or a part will be shipped within 2 / 4 hours, or a part will arrive (depending on country) within 2 or 4 hours?

Appreciate the help.

11 REPLIES 11
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi Read is as Meraki Now 24 x 7 x 2 means the product will be in your hands within 2 hours and within 4 hours for Meraki Now 24 x 7 x 4

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_now_solution_guide.pdf

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note that the service is not available in every area.  Their is a service availability matrix your favourite Cisco reseller can check to see what options are available to you.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Does anyone have a good story of using Meraki Now? i.e failed MX and the heavens opened within two hours with a new one?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nick, I'm not sure if you have priced up that option - but (at least in my country) over three years, it is cheaper to buy a warm (or cold if you prefer) spare and keep it on site.  I have never sold it as a result.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Thanks Philip - Thats the same for us really, I was just wondering if anyone had taken the plunge?

@Nick  I agree with @PhilipDAth  if your budget allows you are better to have something onsite in a box waiting to go. If your network is that crucial that you are considering a 2 hour replacement hot spares is a better option.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Orange_Rouge Meraki Now can be worthwhile for customers who may not have highly critical up-time requirements or SLAs to uphold, and leverage Meraki Now strategically where doubling up lots of infrastructure becomes cost-prohibitive and a few hours of downtime is acceptable. 

Like others have stated, if up-time is critical then you'll likely want to deploy warm-spare configurations, or at least have on-site cold spares.  Or if you're running a wireless network with hundreds of APs for example, you'll likely have a couple shelf spares without the need for anything more than NBD hardware replacement because the wireless can be self-healing around a failed AP. 

So Meraki Now seems to be most popular with MS and MX.  Sometimes it's the NBD component that customers want to short circuit with Meraki Now... if a switch fails on a Friday morning before a 3-day weekend, you might get the replacement switch the same day instead of the following Tuesday.  Sometimes it's the on-site support component that customers want to buy into, and the 4-hour hardware replacement is more of a bonus for them.  

Orange_Rouge
Conversationalist

Let's expand on this just a bit - here is a supplementary question:

For the OnSite field engineer option,  does the equipment still get shipped to site, or is it that they bring it with them?

Particularly for the 4 hour option, interested in understanding how this works.

LC
Conversationalist

Hi,

I ve got reply from Cisco about RMA process with Meraki now option.
Equipment is shipped to site directly. Local Cisco LSC contacts end customer to plan a RDV to send a Cisco tech on site for equipment replacement.
After equipment replacement, end customer is responsible to send back failed equipment to cisco

I hope it will help
Jim5
Comes here often

Where do we obtain a list of the CCW SKUs? 

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@Jim5, you can either ‘Add Services’ to a hardware line item in CCW and use it to guide you through the selection of Meraki Now services. Or you can use Cisco’s Service Finder, https://connectthedots.cisco.com/connectdots/serviceWarrantyFinderRequest?fl=sf, enter the hardware part number (SKU, e.g. MX84-HW) and it will return a list of the services available.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.