Meraki Licence

Enrico_Romero
Here to help

Meraki Licence

Hi Guys!

I would like to ask upon purchase of the License the start date is the purchase itself.

If yes how can we prevent that start date?

The scenario is like this, Client Purchases both Unit ant License.

Upon receiving the Unit and registering it in the dashboard. The license start date is all wrong.

Since they just got the device.

Irate client will question why the expiration date is wrong. 

How can we prevent this kind of scenario in the future? and is there a way for the License start date to be moved on the day they registered it?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Enrico

2 REPLIES 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hello Enrico, unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no way to get around this. Meraki's policy is that the License life-time starts ticking as soon as the license is generated and emailed out to the partner/customer. This is the case as the license and order number provided allows the partner/customer to claim the devices and licenses and start to design and configure the device as needed. Meraki has no control over the delivery of the hardware, therefore, cannot take this into consideration with licensing.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

and the moral of the story is

Don't order licences until you need them.

This doesn't  prevent users from having a separate VPA with their supplier. So for example one agrees to 800 licences purchased in the next 12 months, and receives a certain level of discount based on that volume and then places orders through the year as required. If there are any overs/unders at the end of the year, then a wash-up can sort out the imbalance.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.