ECMS2 - Anyone know whats happening in the UK

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

ECMS2 - Anyone know whats happening in the UK

Dear Friends (Romans, Fren-emies and Aliens),

I have been trying to get more information, specifically dates to book on the ECMS2 course in the UK, but keep hitting a block wall, I have spoken to my Cisco Meraki contact who offers to get me more info, but as yet, nothing has materialised, I have searched the "interweb" and find nothing either

I would appreciate hearing from anyone in the UK or the wider Europe who has done the course to know how the secured a place.

Regards and many Kudos

Gary

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
11 REPLIES 11
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

It's only available in the US at the moment.

Ask my Meraki resp just 2 weeks ago, when we had a meeting and he told me nothing is fixed at the moment for anywhere else. 

He hopes something will happen within this year but couldn't or didnt want to tell more.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

@GaryShainberg wrote:
but keep hitting a block wall

I guess DT built his wall in the wrong spot 🙄

@GaryShainberg  from what I am aware its invite only as well. 

I've also have this standing out at our sales rep.

ecms1 already done in advance but waiting for more ecms2 info....
He said there would be more info in september ( but that's info from july)

btw, i'm also looking at the UK HQ option...
I don't think my boss will be ok with going to the USA for that 😉
GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

It looks like we are all hearing / seeing the same thing.... nothing happening in the UK other that continues planning.

I find this a little frustrating as 100% of the other manufacturers have formal, industry recognised certifications including Cisco but othough Meraki have launched this in the US, Australia and what appears to be some other EU counties, we have nothing in the UK yet - I wonder what the actually (no BS) hold up is ?

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~

Could it be because of brexit and even maybe moving the meraki hq away from london? Or am I speculating to much now ? 😉

Probably slightly too much speculation there 😉

As of yet we've not heard anything about the UK certifications. I share the frustration here and am also keen to get onto the ECMS2. Though I have also heard this is invite only.

I imagine the hold up is with scaling things out worldwide, training the trainers and getting the schedules in place. Unfortunately these things take time
Lagcat
Getting noticed

this is a bit of a pain

I thought I would start from scratch as I went through CMNA over a year ago

my working hours match more with US timing so requested ECMS1 to start and had it turned down which I guess is because I am from the UK

so ECMS2 I guess will be the same if I try to register for the US

ill speak to my Meraki/Cisco account manager and see if they can pull something somewhere to get me on US dates

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

But isn't ECSM2 a classroom led set of training ?

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

I managed to get on the ECMS1 - seem its classroom for the moment by invite only so hoping I can get on it soon

Yes it is. 3 days if i'm not mistaking.

Latest update I got (again) was that not everything is yet in place but i've been put on the list where people are chosen from.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.