ECMS1 Expectations

AutomationDude
Building a reputation

ECMS1 Expectations

Hey guys,

I've registered for the ECMS1 and I am hoping to complete it successfully. I just had a few confusions about the course...

How difficult is it going to be? I have learnt networking plenty on my own time but I am no CCNA as the course recommends as a prereq. 

Is the course graded and/or is it even possible to fail? If so how we are we evaluated in the labs? 

If anyone has taken the course/knows about it, I would appreciate your advice 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AutomationDude : ECMS1 is an practical course, The most of the things showing there is how to do the implementation & Troubleshooting. Secondly yes Prerequisites as CCNA required. Check the last line on the below link for the Lab expectation. Best of luck !

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/training/training-services/cou...

Regards
Inderdeep Singh

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @AutomationDude 

You'll knock it out of the park.  Whilst ccna is a pre-req I wouldn't be too concerned.  The ECMS1 is run at a steady pace with labs to complete as you go along.  All open book, no exam to take at the end.  Its more of an attendance requirement to complete the ECMS1.

You are evaluated on the labs but you'll have everything you require in front of you.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
AutomationDude
Building a reputation

Awesome, thank you for the help guys!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.