ECMS 2 Course

SOLVED
GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

ECMS 2 Course

Dear Meraki,

In view of the current global lockdown and pending financial restrictions, would it not be possible to move the ECMS2 course on-line, I am sure you have the "slideware" and in view of the Meraki "mantra" of everything in the cloud, sureley we could do 90% of the config and testing via dashboard - they only thing we could not to is "plug and play" ohh and be disruptive in class :-).

How about it, I would love to get this done and when this world starts to recover I will probably, like many be either "cash poor, time rich" or "time rich and cash poor"

Go on- I know you can do it 🙂

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LauraK
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @GaryShainberg

Thanks for the feedback! We certainly agree that the show must go on, even during these uncertain times. I'm happy to confirm that all ECMS2 sessions are temporarily being run virtually during this time. 

We are working to scale the program - even when it's conducted virtually, we have limitations on the number of attendees due to lab capacity, trainer capacity, etc. Please do reach our to your Meraki rep to be recommended to the program. 

Thanks! 

-Laura 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Thygesen
Building a reputation

I received an answer that all classes were virtualized ..

But the "interest formular" did not get me any invite 😞

Any others with more luck ?

Nothing yet here.

QLSteve
Getting noticed

Would definitely be great if we could do this course now!

Agreed!

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
LauraK
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @GaryShainberg

Thanks for the feedback! We certainly agree that the show must go on, even during these uncertain times. I'm happy to confirm that all ECMS2 sessions are temporarily being run virtually during this time. 

We are working to scale the program - even when it's conducted virtually, we have limitations on the number of attendees due to lab capacity, trainer capacity, etc. Please do reach our to your Meraki rep to be recommended to the program. 

Thanks! 

-Laura 

QLSteve
Getting noticed

Just checking...if you have a CMNO do you need to take ECMS 1 or you can you jump direct into ECMS 2?

LauraK
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@QLSteveAs the CMNO course content and ECMS1 course content are the same, I don’t recommend taking ECMS1 if you have already passed the CMNO course. If you are looking for more advanced technical training, I'd definitely recommend ECMS2!

Thygesen
Building a reputation

What I read was, that ECMS2 required ECMS1 ..(what I heard from the Instructor was that the content was more up2date than the CMNO .. ) ..
But that is only what I remember .. 😉 Might be parity errors in there ..

Any update on offering the ECMS2 course yet ?  Located in USA.

"The silence is deafening" !!!!

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~

Was afraid of that, but thought I would kick the mule again....

Is CMNA still offered or was that replaced with ECMS 2 ?

Hi @illusionsacc -

CMNA is still offered for partners. It covers both sales and technical topics.

ECMS2 is for partners and customers, and is purely technical. 

You may be thinking of our old CMNO course, which was replaced by ECMS1 (yes, a bit confusing!)

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

I have taken the CMNO course, so wanted next in line.

@illusionsacc wrote:

I have taken the CMNO course, so wanted next in line.

Got it. Next after CMNO (now called ECMS1) is ECMS2. Which has limited capacity (as is very clear in this thread!) - but keep an eye on the ECMS2 page here on the community. This page will be updated when there are opportunities to enroll.

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
route_map
Building a reputation

The Meraki ECMS2 page says there are virtual session being run.

Can they at least share upcoming dates so we can speak to our Meraki Reps/DAMS

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

So I have just been told that at least in Europe the priority for places is going to the top 1% of Meraki customers which I think is a shame considering there are many of us who have made huge commitments to supporting Meraki both direct and by evanglising the products through my community.

I know I am either directly or indirectly responsible for many $100k's of Meraki equipment into SME's and large organisations alike and therefore the Meraki decision makers do not get any exposure to me, or anyone else like me as individuals because we do not represent a high brand value name.

If this sounds like I am !@£%% off, its because I am - as the very first Meraki user in Europe, I have committed both my business and time to almost 100% Meraki and other than this amazing community, its actually hard to get any commitment back (now days) unless you turn up with a large order.

One could argue that once a large organisation has made their initial commitment and purchase to Meraki, thereafter its a "farming" business exercise, where as committed supporters like many of us here are "hunting" for new clients all the time to turn into new members of the Meraki family

Sorry everyone - rant over - I just want a place on the ECMS 2 course, because this helps me grow our business, our clients business and Meraki's business is this to much to ask for ????

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
Thygesen
Building a reputation

@GaryShainbergI with You on that one ..

One of the big movers for me was the "feeling" of the Meraki's ..
It was NOT all about the money .. It was about the community and the evangelism, You speak of..

For my part, I had/have no problem talking about/debating Meraki solutions with customers, even though i knew, they would not buy them from me ..

If it is true about the top 1% I am deeply disapointed !! It's against all I considered Meraki .. 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.