Do not buy Used Meraki Equipment from eBay Or Any Unauthorized Used Equipment reseller

Jack
Getting noticed

Do not buy Used Meraki Equipment from eBay Or Any Unauthorized Used Equipment reseller

I like to share with you guys my horrible experience buying my one and only used meraki equipment on ebay, MS220-48P POE Switch. 

So i bought this used switch from ebay and purchased a new 3 years license from meraki to go with it. All working fine after 1+ month later that switch fail. I created a ticket with meraki and they verified the switch is defactive and issued a RMA for me. 1 day later they call me back saying that the RMA team found out that the switch belongs to another organization and i told  them i bought it from the other organization thru ebay since they no longer need it. Then Meraki told me that they are not able to sent me a RMA becasue that switch is registerd to original purchaser and that name cannot be change or transfer.  They also told me im not able to return my 3 year license since its over the 30 days return policy. So i end up with a dead switch + 3 years lincense doing nothing. 

Warranties are Non-transferable

Any warranty still valid on a Cisco Meraki device will not be transferred to a new owner if it is sold between third parties. As such, should the device fail, it will not qualify for an RMA. Cisco Meraki Warranty policies can be found here.

14 Replies 14
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.