Cisco to acquire Duo Security

WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Cisco to acquire Duo Security

I actually read about this the other day, but struck me funny since the use of Duo came up in discussion recently for MFA for RDP. Thought process behind the acquisition sounds like it could be promising. 

"The acquisition of Duo Security will:

• Extend intent-based networking into multicloud environments. Cisco currently provides on-premises network access control via its Identity Services Engine (ISE) product. Duo's software as a service-based (SaaS) model will be integrated with Cisco ISE to extend ISE to provide cloud-delivered application access control.
  • Simplify policy for cloud security. By verifying user and device trust, Duo will add trusted identity awareness into Cisco's Secure Internet Gateway, Cloud Access Security Broker, Enterprise Mobility Management, and several other cloud-delivered products.
  • Expands endpoint visibility coverage. Cisco's in-depth visibility of over 180 million managed devices will be augmented by Duo's broad visibility of mobile and unmanaged devices."

Cisco news release

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I heard this as well.  Makes sense for them to acquire a solid Identity Management solution.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And in case you don't know, Meraki use Duo internally ...

@PhilipDAth, giving out all our secrets so blatantly!!!! XD

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.