dashboard.meraki.com has high response time

Solved
INCOGNITO_Movie
Just browsing

dashboard.meraki.com has high response time

I have an alert in SolarWinds to monitor response time between the server and dashboard.meraki.com. If response time is above 1000ms then send an email. It is doing it every couple of hours or so and it is showing the response time is ~37,000ms. 

I have a continuous ping to the ip address of dashboard.meraki.com and it has not dropped and shows a constant RTT of ~4ms. 

Why is SolarWinds reporting high response times to dashboard.meraki.com?

1 Accepted Solution

Hi please follow this KB for the API key information. 

Cisco Meraki Dashboard API

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it following redirects and downloading all content - or strictly just retrieving the URL?  If it is downloading all content, perhaps some of the third party components are loading slowly, and are being fired after normal page load by javascript.

When I test it - I get a redirect being returned - so it should be very fast to retrieve just the redirect.

Thanks for the support. I am not sure but I think the issue is SolarWinds is configured with the Meraki API to pull AP data into SW. If you create an alert in SolarWinds it uses the API which isn't designed to do pings to the Meraki dashboard, only pull data so the response times are all over the place, perhaps even not accurate. We need to some  how figure out how to create a SW alert without removing the API  and disrupting the ingest of Meraki AP data.  Have you seen this before?

I was just perusing the dashboard and under  Organization/API Webhooks and I don't see an API key. Our SolarWinds has a managed node with an API key for Meraki. Is that key not working? We do see APs and status. 

Hi please follow this KB for the API key information. 

Cisco Meraki Dashboard API

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Simply out of curiosity, but why is it you feel the need to monitor response times of the Meraki Dashboard?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

My boss had it created as well as many other custom alerts. I started two weeks ago so I don't want make waves and support what needs to be supported. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.