Meraki VPN L2TP connect error with client device Win10/ 11 recent patches

MerakiMPLS
Comes here often

Meraki VPN L2TP connect error with client device Win10/ 11 recent patches

1. Disabled the windows firewall after that able to connect at first time, after disconnecting the VPN users not able to connect getting L2TP same error.
  2. Enable/ restart the IPSEC
  3. Enable/ restart the IPsec L2TP
  4. Uninstalled and reinstalled all WAN drivers.
  5. Restarted the client device.
  6. Checked the windows recent updates and uninstalled the recent patches

Please advise us to resolve the client vpn connectivity issues.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's very common for problems to occur after Windows updates, try uninstalling the updates to see if it works again, but my advice is to migrate to Anyconnect.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, correct but tried to rollback the updates still issue occurs verified every KB no luck.

Delete the current connection and try creating a new one.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Yes, done recreate manually too no luck

Try this VPN client. You can use L2TP.

https://www.draytek.com/products/smart-vpn-client/

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried deleting the VPN connection off the machine and re-creating it?

It is common for Windows Update to change the security options of existing VPN connections.

Also trying running rasphone.exe and connecting with that.  What error code is it returning?  See if it on these common Windows errors:
https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Guided_Client_VPN_Troubleshooting/Unable_to_Connect_t...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.