Meraki MS get an IP from dhcp in a different vlan

Alessio_Colombo
Just browsing

Meraki MS get an IP from dhcp in a different vlan

Hi guys,

I've deployed a C9300-48S and a meraki MS125-24P, i set a DHCP pool on the C9300 and want to get an IP from the pool on Meraki, i've set also a native vlan (3126) but for some reason sometimes the MS get an IP from a different vlan and can't reach the meraki dashboard. The C9300 has a port-channel to HP switch that has a DHCP server and the MS get the ip from that server instead on C9300

can someone had a similar issue?

Thank you

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Has the MS got a management VLAN configured?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Other_Topics/Switch_Settings 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note that if the MS can not connect to the Meraki Cloud via whatever VLAN is configured, it will search on other VLANs to see if any of them will allow it to connect to the cloud.

Does your firewall show that the MS on the native VLAN is able to talk to the Meraki cloud?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Another thing you can try - if you plug a notebook into that same C9300 port - is it able to get an IP address and browse the Internet?

Yes, if i plug my laptop directly to the C9300 i can get the IP from the correct VLAN

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is this a Meraki or Catalyst mode C9300? By default C9300s carry VLANs 1-1000. Have you already adjusted the allowed VLAN list to accommodate for this additional VLAN 3126 (removing at least one of the VLANs 1-1000)?

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

the Core is a C9300 IOS-XE 17.9.5 and it is also a DHCP server only for vlan 3126 (management vlan) and all the meraki are connected to it with a trunk port with native vlan 3126, but for some reason the meraki can get an IP and the release it and prefer other vlans but those are not able to reach meraki dashboard so the only thing i can do is reload it

Is there a path for vlan 3126 to reach the internet? If the Meraki can't get to the internet it will try a different path which is what you are seeing.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.