please release my MacBook from your MDM

macbookowner
New here

please release my MacBook from your MDM

Hi! I have bought a MacBook Air 2018 3 years ago second-hand. And I think the seller has scammed me. This MacBook has MDM. I can't delete the profiles because it doesn't let me. And on the internet they say that only solution is contacting the IT company. But I couldn't find the company until now. I thought the company was N26 Bank because it was in the Profiles list but now I saw that Meraki is the IT company. Please help me. My e-mail is:

kaan51655@gmail.com

3 Replies 3
van604
Building a reputation

you are out of luck, that is what MDM's are meant to do. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No can do sorry. If you were scammed the device is most likely stolen. Meraki is a MDM provider not the IT company.

The device is likely registered in Apple's automated device enrolment, the only way to have this removed is the company that purchased the device originally has to release it which is likely to be N26 Bank if you saw that info in the profiles. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is nothing we can do here.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels