macOS Catalina and Activation Lock

SOLVED
mattia
Getting noticed

macOS Catalina and Activation Lock

Hey everyone,

I've installed Catalina on some test devices in our company and, because we have personal iCloud accounts in use on corporate machines (see Watch unlock, etc), I've been prompted to link the company laptop to my iCloud's activation lock.

Is there any official release on how will Meraki handle this? Will we - company - be able to unlock our own laptops from employees iCloud accounts?

Thanks 

Mattia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sshort
Building a reputation

It's not in Apple's documentation yet, but at the WWDC "managing devices" session they did have a slide indicating that a profile would be available to restrict or block the activation lock feature. It's up in the air as to when Meraki would support the new profile payload, however. I would keep an eye on ProfileCreator, so when the app is updated with new Catalina payloads you'll at least be able to create a custom profile you can then upload to Meraki.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
T1
Building a reputation

Apple can unlock any device as long as you provide a proof of purchase. Unfortunately even enterprise customers are required to visit Apple store in person to make that happen, at least here, in Australia.

sshort
Building a reputation

It's not in Apple's documentation yet, but at the WWDC "managing devices" session they did have a slide indicating that a profile would be available to restrict or block the activation lock feature. It's up in the air as to when Meraki would support the new profile payload, however. I would keep an eye on ProfileCreator, so when the app is updated with new Catalina payloads you'll at least be able to create a custom profile you can then upload to Meraki.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels