iPhone, emailing image

SOLVED
tantony-ridge
Here to help

iPhone, emailing image

My iPhone is enrolled in MDM dashboard, and I have the SM app.  If I take a picture with my iPhone, and selecting the email option, I'm able to select my Gmail, and non MDM associated emails.  The work email, associated with MDM is not displaying.  Anyone experienced the minor issue 

I know the work around is to copy the image, and paste it to the work email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Correct: Ticking them will allow managed apps to see unmanaged data and vice versa. Obviously this is downgrading the security of the device a little, so have a think about the consequences of doing so.

2. Tags are the answer. As the screenshot below, I've gone to profile configuration, and, because I want to EXCLUDE devices from this, I've selected WITHOUT ANY of the following tags and created a tag called ExemptFromStuff. I've then tagged the device with the same tag. This should exclude the device from this policy. Obviously, there's a tonne of flexibility here

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 9.19.16 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You company has enforce what is called Containerisation (apple call it Managed Open In). You'll be able to see this restriction under Settings > General VPN and Device Management, MDM profile, restrictions

There's no workaround for this: I'd contact your MDM admin and discuss your use case

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 12.46.34 PM.png

Is what your company likely has set.

I have access to the Meraki dashboard.  So, just make sure those 2 items are unchecked and it will be automatically updated on the iPhones already on MDM?

Before you make any changes:

1. Do you already have a restrictions policy applied to devices? I want to make sure that this is the cause of the issue
  2. Do you wish to make changes to just your device, or every device?

1.  Those options on the dashboard were unchecked, so if I check them it should enable it right?

2.  I want to make it for every device, but I also like to know how to make settings for certain phones also just in case.  I guess I can create a group and add those phones on there?

1. Correct: Ticking them will allow managed apps to see unmanaged data and vice versa. Obviously this is downgrading the security of the device a little, so have a think about the consequences of doing so.

2. Tags are the answer. As the screenshot below, I've gone to profile configuration, and, because I want to EXCLUDE devices from this, I've selected WITHOUT ANY of the following tags and created a tag called ExemptFromStuff. I've then tagged the device with the same tag. This should exclude the device from this policy. Obviously, there's a tonne of flexibility here

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 9.19.16 AM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels