iPads login out ~10 seconds after login in

Solved
DumiMicu
Conversationalist

iPads login out ~10 seconds after login in

Hi,

We have a number of iPads which we are trying to manage for a school.

We did the enrolment and can see them on the dashboard, but every time we try to log the users in, the iPads will log in for like 10 seconds and immediately log out the users no matter what you do on the device.

The iPads will not log out if the wi-fi is not connected.

Also if we try to reset or push apps through this will work straight away.

It's only that the users don't stay log in at all.

1 Accepted Solution
DumiMicu
Conversationalist

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, We  manage to understand the problem, Finally !

We had Lightspeed filter ON while we were doing the enrolment and that stopped us, but after turning it off it just works, now we only need to figure it out how to make Meraki and Light speed work together.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hmm a quick Google brings up similar results, e.g. https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-school/shared-ipad-immediately-logging-out-users/m-p/297102

Mind opening a support case and either replying or DM'ing me the case number? Curious to take a look at the payloads your pushing down to affected device(s), be sure to include a serial/name of a specific device you've tested with. 

DumiMicu
Conversationalist

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, We  manage to understand the problem, Finally !

We had Lightspeed filter ON while we were doing the enrolment and that stopped us, but after turning it off it just works, now we only need to figure it out how to make Meraki and Light speed work together.

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Morning all.

So, I had exactly the same problems last week.

The issue, for me, was using quotas on shared iPad ADE profile. I had this initially:

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 09.49.30.png

 (I originally had 5 as my quota size!). Anyway, using the above ADE profile resulted in the iPad logging out after a few seconds (with the "could not connect to iCloud" message appearing on the screen

Removing the quotas:

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 09.49.41.png

 Resolved the issue. 

Let me know if any of you have been affected by this and I'll check with Engineering

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

further to this:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/dnssettings reports that the web content filter and DNS have to be installed on the *device* and not *user* channel. I'm testing with Umbrella and Cisco Security Connector and all appears well (websites are blocked: but CSC reports not configured: weird)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels