Zebra devices not compatible with Meraki MDM?

Court
Getting noticed

Zebra devices not compatible with Meraki MDM?

We're testing a few Android devices with Meraki MDM for a Warehouse Management System implementation. Our Zebra TC73 devices won't boot after Meraki is loaded in Device Owner Mode - Android Enterprise via QR, and a profile is loaded. No other Android devices have issues. A Zebra support rep I'm working with said their devices are not compatible with Meraki MDM. Anyone have experience with this, or know of a way to get Zebras functional with Meraki?

5 Replies 5
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It completely depends if Zebra's Android implementation includes Google Play services, that's the core requirement for SM to function. What issues are you seeing (i.e. errors, specific behaviour) after you have enrolled the device into Device Owner mode?

It should be noted that SM no longer supports Android 9 and below, so you may wish to check what version of Android the Zebra scanner is running.  

Court
Getting noticed

It enrolls fine, but after a little while, even with no profile assigned, when you reboot the device it just hangs at the TC73 loading screen and never boots. You have to manually factory reset the device to boot again. Its running Android 11 with latest release.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do they support Android Enterprise?

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hmm, that's certainly one that we'd need Zebra's help with, as ADB logging should help pinpoint what's preventing the device from booting into the launcher. I'll DM you for a little more info.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Having a quick look at their Website it looks like Zebra wants you to use their Mobility DNA management platform. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels