Systems Manager Free MDM Communication

RHBE-DF
New here

Systems Manager Free MDM Communication

Morning

We have an issue with our Free MDM license.

Inadvertently, we had let the certificates expire as we don't log in to the platform that often.  The iPads that we have on the platform are no longer communicating with the MDM.  It looks like they all dropped off at differing dates.

I have since renewed the certificates and tokens, however this hasn't rectified the issue.  86 iPads no longer speaking to the platform.

I have gone on to the m.meraki.com on the ipads, put in the network code and downloaded the latest profile, however this won't install and comes up with an error that they don't match.

Any advice please?

Thanks

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe it will help you.

Meraki MDM Apple Push Certificate Expiring. What happens to iPads after exp... - The Meraki Communit...

I highly recommend that you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Remember that the free MDM option is retired. You will not be able to re-enroll the devices without buying licenses for these devices.

RHBE-DF
New here

Thanks, thought that this may be the case.

As the iPads aren't talking to the MDM, how can we unmanage them completely if the powers that be decide not to go down the licensed route?   I believe that if we wipe them to start again, when we run them back up they will still come up as being managed by Meraki?

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This is only true if you are using Apple's ADE. To ensure, if the powers that be decide not to buy a license, that you edit the MDM server:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.45.38.png

This will ensure that it doesn't try to enroll again after a wipe

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels