Shared iPad storage issue

GSMITH
Here to help

Shared iPad storage issue

Reaching out to see if anyone else is experiencing issues with their managed iPads and what course was taken to correct it.

We currently have classroom ipads set up under the shared assignment, typically only one student is using each ipad. Our 32gb devices started having error messages pop up when the camera is trying to be used stating there is not enough storage on the device. These same devices are also having trouble when the camera is needed to be used to scan QR codes.

The only fix we have come up with is moving these iPads paired assignment or changing the shared profile to a bigger storage setting. Both will involve resetting the ipads and setting them up.

Any suggestions that don't involve touching every device?

4 Replies 4
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately with 32GB iPads you're not going to have a lot of space, especially if you didn't set a maximum number of users. I think you're best bet is going to adjust the number of users or storage as this is going to be something you'll be fighting constantly.

https://support.apple.com/en-euro/guide/deployment/dep6fa9dd532/web

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Typically only one student is logged into each ipad, but their storage limit was like, 1.5gb or something I can't remember. I just am not sure why this is happening this year and not the last 2 years. I'm not sure what changed or what data is even consuming their allotted amount. We have created a new Profile to allow more storage per user, but that means I have to touch every device again.😅 We are a very large district.

henrry81
Here to help

Annoying! Have you checked for any apps or files that can be cleared out? Limiting users per iPad might also help if that's an option.

We have cleared out applications but because of the profile that was originally created for the students have such a limited amount of storage, it is still having the issue because it is an issue with the specific student storage and not the iPad storage. I'm not sure what the data it is storing of the students either. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels