Settings Deployment

Harry199
Comes here often

Settings Deployment

Hi

Does anyone know if you deploy a profile with restrictions on to a ios that already has a default profile set up and install does it merge the two together or does it override one profile. 

I need to make a restriction change to a few devices but I don't want the new settings policy to override any restrictions just add an extra couple but since it is not all our devices I can not change the default profile.

Many thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

With Apple devices, they go to the most restrictive policies being applied to the device. I have multiple different setting packages to apply more restrictive policies to student devices.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If I remember rightly, you can deploy multiple overlapping profiles, in which case the most restrictive setting is applied.

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you have multiple profiles scoped to a device each contains a Restrictions payload, the more "limiting" setting will take precedence, e.g. if you allow a service/setting in Profile A, but disallow it in Profile B and both profiles are installed on the device, the disallow from Profile B will take priority.

You'll need to use tags to properly scope the payload to the required devices.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels