Samsung Smart switch restricted

Solved
Radan
Conversationalist

Samsung Smart switch restricted

Hi gents,

I am a bit struggling with the Samsung Smart Switch app. When I am trying to move user's data from an older Samsung phone to a newer one. Although I've deployed the "Samsung Smart Switch app" via Meraki Apps, this one is (when I  run it) announcing "Security policies restrict the use of the application Smart Switch". There are no security polices defined in our MDM. I've also tried to deploy Samsung Knox allowing use of app Smart Switch, sadly also with no luck..

Don't you have any idea, please?

Thanks a lot. R

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

https://docs.samsungknox.com/admin/knox-platform-for-enterprise/kbas/kba-360041291294/

Smart Switch no longer works on Fully Managed with Work Profile devices as it was not designed for enterprise environments. While Smart Switch can be installed and may have worked previously on a device in this configuration, the app was not officially supported in this type of environment and it is now disabled by default starting with version 3.7.05.8. The warning message will now appear and prevent the app from launching.

TL;DR - it's not supported, unfortunately. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

https://docs.samsungknox.com/admin/knox-platform-for-enterprise/kbas/kba-360041291294/

Smart Switch no longer works on Fully Managed with Work Profile devices as it was not designed for enterprise environments. While Smart Switch can be installed and may have worked previously on a device in this configuration, the app was not officially supported in this type of environment and it is now disabled by default starting with version 3.7.05.8. The warning message will now appear and prevent the app from launching.

TL;DR - it's not supported, unfortunately. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels