Remote Management: Maximum licensed devices already enrolled

SOLVED
kanoga88
Here to help

Remote Management: Maximum licensed devices already enrolled

I have been setting up our company's phone on the Meraki MDM and I thought I found a rhythm, but I hit a curveball that I can not get past. I used apple business manager and assigned the device to our MDM. I went to DEP in the System Manager and could even see that the DEP enrollment had been pushed onto the device! I was excited but the phone itself is stuck in the "Hello" starting window when I first reset the phone. The farthest I can get is the phone recognizing that it's part of a Remote Management System, but then it says

Remote Management

Maximum licensed devices already enrolled

Username:

Password:

I have tried my Apple Manager and Meraki log-in information and can't get past this.

I also have a hard time believing that I reached the maximum licensed devices enrolled since we only have 12 phones on the system since we are a small business. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you go Organization/Licence Info in the Meraki Dashboard - how many Systems Manager licences does it say you have bought?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you go Organization/Licence Info in the Meraki Dashboard - how many Systems Manager licences does it say you have bought?

As @PhilipDAth  have your checked the license status in your dashboard? That is the error message displayed when you have run out of licenses.

Remember you need to remove old devices out of Meraki to free up licenses, simply erasing the device will not free up the license. 

Absolutely devastating silly mistake. haha Spent way too long figuring this out. Yes, I was out of licenses. Clearly, I am still learning about the system. Thank you!

@kanoga88  Thanks for sharing the outcome, I have been using SM for years now and still make that mistake. Its easy to purchase a bundle of licenses and a few months later not realise you have used them all. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels