More then one AppleID per MDM

Solved
Radan
Conversationalist

More then one AppleID per MDM

Hi gents/ladies,

I am a bit struggling with 2 separate AppleIDs in our MDM.

Our current setup is: "One Organisation+MDM" and "One Network". We want to expand Meraki(MDM) to our other sites too. They are in different countries and also have different language preferences (AppleIDs in MDM). I did not find how to solve this issue in the documentation, except by creating a separate organization per site. Or should I create a new network? The ideal setup I can imagine is:

• only one Organisation (due to licenses etc.)
  • networks per site (countries)
  • MDM per network (due to various AppleIDs and language settings)

How could I deal with it?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards, Radan

1 Accepted Solution
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Radan Yes, that sounds about right: I didn't see any geographic restrictions in business.apple.com, so, yes, there shouldn't be any issue in multiple VPP accounts based on geography. Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Radan 

When you say "AppleID", what do you mean? Is this for VPP and ADE? Then, if so, we certainly support this

If you are talking about enrollment authentication, then you can certainly have multiple networks to achieve this, one SM network for each site.

If you could add a little more context, we should be able to find an answer

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Radan you can have multiple networks under one Org using systems manager however all of those networks pull ADE and VPP from the Organisation settings. 

If you want to use different Apple ID's for each location you will need to have seperate org's 

Radan
Conversationalist

Hi gents, thanks for your quick replies.

PaulF: Yes, exactly. Under "Organization -> MDM" to have multiple Apple IDs (dependent on country & language). I am not sure, but maybe this also means multiple "Apple ADE servers" + "Apple VPP accounts" for these different Apple IDs..

BlakeR.: I was afraid of it, but this makes sense for me because I am unable to find a possibility to add another Apple ID (for different countries) in the current MDM.

Meraki_issue - kopie.PNG 

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Right:

So, there can (and should) be only one Apple ID for the APNS certificate. There is zero reason for having more than one. Apple's APNS is incredibly resilient, and geographically diverse, so push notifications coming from a single APNS account is absolutely fine. Here at Cisco, we've 50K+ iOS devices all managed around the world with a single APNS account

Untitled.jpg

As you see from my personal dashboard, I've multiple ADE and VPP accounts: In fact, one is a school.apple.com and the other is a business.apple.com account

I can't see any other place where you'd need an Apple account of some description.

Hope that this answers your enquiry

Radan
Conversationalist

Hi Paul, so if I understand you correctly, we can have only one "AppleID" registered (default is for our UK branch), which means using the UK AppStore & English as the language.

For the other branches in Germany, Japan, and Austria, we just simply create their separate ADE servers and separate VPP accounts, right?

Although the other ADE + VPP will be covered by the default AppleID, their AppStores + language will be totally independent of the UK and they will use the AppStore + language defined by the location of the branch, correct?

Meraki scheme.PNG

Thanks, Radan

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Radan Yes, that sounds about right: I didn't see any geographic restrictions in business.apple.com, so, yes, there shouldn't be any issue in multiple VPP accounts based on geography. Good luck!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels