Issues enrolling Android device

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Issues enrolling Android device

So I dipped my toe into the management of Android devices this morning, I have been managing iOS device using SM for years but never Android.

So everything is setup behind the scenes in Meraki and Google workspace and everything looks happy. The problem is I have just gone to register the first device and scanned the QR code as well as signed into the appropriate Google account and now I have this stuck on the screen with the progress bar getting to the end and then going back to the start and the device now appears to be stuck in a loop.

IMG_0135.JPG

Any ideas or have I made the mistake of trying to manage Android devices 😂

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the device say it supports Android Enterprise?  Only Android Enterprise devices can be managed.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

UPDATE restarting the device and giving the SM app write access to the couple of things fixed the issue. Off that it didn't ask for that before trying to enrol but it's working now. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What I found is this screen as well as having the enrol option also has two other options, one related to permissions for writing to the device and I can't remember what the other is ( I will take a picture next time)

If you don't allow write access thats when it gets stuck in a loop.

Screenshot_20170119-041953.png

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You shouldn't have any need to sign into anywhere, unless you have enrollment authentication turned on.

I'm assuming that:

You tapped the screen 6 times

Scanned the QR Code

And the device enrolled?

@PaulF tapping the screen 6 times didn't do anything for me even though its a brand new device. 

beks88_
Here to help

I'm waiting for the support of "fully managed device with a work profile"

If you are using/testing only device owner mode (fully managed device), I would recommend you to use Android Zero Touch enrollment because it offers the same experience like Apple ADE.

If you are not a registered Android Partner, try to enroll otherwise just find a device reseller as partner

Systems Manager enthusiast
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels