[Important Notice] Meraki SM Legacy and Free 100 Retirement

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

[Important Notice] Meraki SM Legacy and Free 100 Retirement

I received this email this morning and thought it was worth sharing as I know there are a few community members using the legacy SM. I was expecting it to happen at some point 

Hello Meraki customer,

Cisco Meraki will be retiring Systems Manager (SM) Legacy and Free 100 licensing types on February 7, 2024. Our records show that you may be using these license entitlements and will therefore not be able to enroll new devices on your Meraki SM Legacy or Free 100 networks after the retirement date.

Retirement details:
This retirement will only affect Legacy and Free 100 license entitlements. Post-retirement, any network using these license entitlements will be treated as “SM Without Licensing,” but new devices won’t be able to be added.

Recommended customer action:
If you are affected by this change and wish to continue enrolling more devices after the retirement date, you will be required to purchase new SM licenses. Please see our FAQ for more information about the retirement and license compliance, or reach out to your account manager or reseller to purchase new licenses.

If you have any questions not covered in the FAQ, please reach out to Meraki Technical Support at support@meraki.com

Thank you,
Cisco Meraki Technical Support
3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Crikey, thought this was retired yonks ago 🤣😂

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

It was retired for new sign up's but kept active for existing users. 

Duke_Nukem
Getting noticed

Well that sucks.  We've been using it for the last 10 years.  More recently as a backup to Intune for the last 3 years.  The interface and tools are great, and quick to use.  It was a good run.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels