How do I keep user's from adding custom profiles and removing the meraki profile?

SOLVED
Trunolimit1
Conversationalist

How do I keep user's from adding custom profiles and removing the meraki profile?

The iPad in question is supervised yet they are allowed to remove the meraki mdm profile. WHY?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Trunolimit1  As the device is not DEP loaded there is a 30 day window where the profile can be removed.

https://www.apple.com/mx/business-docs/DEP_Guide.pdf

Manual device enrollment

You can also manually enroll iOS devices and Apple TV in DEP using Apple Configurator, regardless of how you acquired them. With manual device enrollment, a 30-day provisional period begins once a device is activated. During that period, users can remove their devices from enrollment, supervision, and MDM."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Trunolimit1
Conversationalist

The iPad is supervised yet the user can still delete the meraki profile.

profiles.PNG

Trunolimit1
Conversationalist

Another strange thing is that the dashboard is telling me there is a profile missing but then under missing profiles it says non.

profile 2.PNGprofiles 2.PNG

Trunolimit1
Conversationalist

Is the profile only able to not be deleted if the iPad is DEP-enrolled? and then the awkward question is... what is DEP-enrolled mean? I thought DEP was only for app purchasing? 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Trunolimit1  As the device is not DEP loaded there is a 30 day window where the profile can be removed.

https://www.apple.com/mx/business-docs/DEP_Guide.pdf

Manual device enrollment

You can also manually enroll iOS devices and Apple TV in DEP using Apple Configurator, regardless of how you acquired them. With manual device enrollment, a 30-day provisional period begins once a device is activated. During that period, users can remove their devices from enrollment, supervision, and MDM."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels