How add user photos into the Apple Classroom and Schoolwork?

Chotyne
Here to help

How add user photos into the Apple Classroom and Schoolwork?

Manual: ... To add user photos into the Apple Classroom, create a folder of images matching the users' email addresses, and select 'Import > Import profile photos'.  

I have uploaded photos in Meraki, ilś not problem!

The user's photo is uploaded to Meraki, but as it is uploaded to Apple Classroom and Apple Schoolwork?

I use Apple School Manager, Users and Classes I have created.

Thank you for your advice.

4 REPLIES 4
PGilrane
New here

Hi, I would also like to know the answer to this.

Kracker
Conversationalist

Hi,

I have the same problem. Upload of photos is no problem: the photos can even be seen in the owner list, but it does not appear in Apple Classroom / shared ipads. Could anyone solve this problem? Made it anybody work at all? Or is it a big bug?

Thx

Peter

Chotyne
Here to help

Hi,
I understood that there is no problem in Meraki - here you can upload the user's photo and insert it into the MDM system. The problem is in ASM, where it is not possible to pass photos to students when setting up an account. Data flows from ASM to Meraki (no photos) and not back. I am in charge of this issue as part of Apple Support.

Kracker
Conversationalist

I got a feedback from Apple Support. The bad news is: at this time it´s impossible to do a central deployment for profile / user pics. This means, each student has to do a photo upload on its own.

The guy from Apple Support told me that I am the first person asking for a central photo deployment in ASM since he can remember. In his opinion this feature is not asked, but when more people ask for this feature 

Feedback - Apple School Manager - Apple

Maybe this news is helpful.....

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels