Enable VoLTE via Meraki MDM

Solved
amabt
Building a reputation

Enable VoLTE via Meraki MDM

Anyone know how we can remotely enable VoLTE setting on iOS & Android devices via Meraki MDM profile? I had a look but could not find anything one it.

Those devices are currently locked down and the end user has no access to settings. However we need to enable VoLTE as part of transition off 3G network.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's not something Apple allows to be configured via MDM unfortunately. Similarly, it's not something we support configuring for Android. By default most 4G devices will have VoLTE enabled by default.

You cannot actually hide the Settings app on iOS and the user should still be able to enable 4/5G and VoLTE regardless of how locked down the device is (unless it's in Single App Mode of course).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's not something Apple allows to be configured via MDM unfortunately. Similarly, it's not something we support configuring for Android. By default most 4G devices will have VoLTE enabled by default.

You cannot actually hide the Settings app on iOS and the user should still be able to enable 4/5G and VoLTE regardless of how locked down the device is (unless it's in Single App Mode of course).

amabt
Building a reputation

Thank you. I will double check as I though you can hide the Settings App. Looks like we will have to provide instructions for users to check each device.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels