Deploying CrowdStrike Profile to MacOS - SPErrorDomain Error 10

Solved
ThomasClare
New here

Deploying CrowdStrike Profile to MacOS - SPErrorDomain Error 10

I am trying to push a .mobileconfig file to our Macs but it comes up with the error 'SPErrorDomain Error 10' in the activity log of the device.

I tried to manually install the profile but it isn't authorized due to not being signed by Meraki/Us

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @ThomasClare,

Does this .mobileconfig contain any KEXT extensions, if so, you'll have issues pushing this to an M1 MacBook due to Apple imposed limitations. For more info see: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchl768f7291/mac

We're looking into this, so if the above conditions match, please open a support ticket so we can keep you updated.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @ThomasClare,

Does this .mobileconfig contain any KEXT extensions, if so, you'll have issues pushing this to an M1 MacBook due to Apple imposed limitations. For more info see: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchl768f7291/mac

We're looking into this, so if the above conditions match, please open a support ticket so we can keep you updated.

Yeah loading up the profile it is applying Kernal changes.

Thanks for the assistance, I will contact Crowdstrike too and inform them.

Create a different profile Thomas excusively for the m1 Mac's.  Most likely this is failing only on your m1 MAC's as I've seen this happen only on the M1 (Apple Silicon) devices.  Best solution is to create a separate profile for your M1's that excludes the KEXT extension profile, once you remove this the SPErrorDomain Error 10 is resolved.  Hope this helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels