DEP with apple configurator

SOLVED
Prasadjayasingh
Conversationalist

DEP with apple configurator

Hi Guys,

i manage to add (ipad) device to DEP through a apple configurator. However when i push Meraki profile to device still give option to delete it. In Meraki under DEP, its untick for remove profile. I'm not sure why this happen. any help would be good.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Prasadjayasingh  Is the device already registetred in DEP or are you manually adding it to DEP?

If you are manually adding the device what you are seeing is normal behaviour, 

The 30-day provisional period means that users can remove device management during the first 30 days of management. During this provisional period, a banner appears on the device notifying them of the device management state and that they can leave remote management from the Settings menu. After 30 days, the provisional management will end, and users will no longer be able to remove remote management from the device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Prasadjayasingh  Is the device already registetred in DEP or are you manually adding it to DEP?

If you are manually adding the device what you are seeing is normal behaviour, 

The 30-day provisional period means that users can remove device management during the first 30 days of management. During this provisional period, a banner appears on the device notifying them of the device management state and that they can leave remote management from the Settings menu. After 30 days, the provisional management will end, and users will no longer be able to remove remote management from the device.

Hay Blake,

Thanks for info. Yes we manually add to DEP. Ill check in 30 days and let you know.

Thanks

Thanks mate🍻

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels