DEP Apps and Settings Issue

SOLVED
Kelvin
Here to help

DEP Apps and Settings Issue

Good Morning, 

We are using Apple School Manager, DEP and Meraki System Manager to manage our iPads.  I am trying to set up some new shared iPads, I am able to get them set up and supervised, but I cannot set the settings to apply or apps to install. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Kelvin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, I contacted support and they managed to resolve the issue (two issues), The settings were not applying because a setting wouldn't apply to shared iPads.  The VPP issue managed to sort itself out! 

Thanks again! 

Kelvin 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you get any errors?

Did you mark the Apps as "approved"?

When you go into the App does it show devices that that are in scope and should have the app on?

Hi, 

There are no errors - I have also looked into this further and I the licences from VPP are not appearing in Systems Manager, even after a forced sync.  I have checked and also updated the token to make sure.  

Kelvin 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

By chance did you already "tag" your new iPads that are associated to your apps as well on the SM side?

Enthusiast

Hi, 

Yes they are tagged as Pupil, but as yet no apps have been assigned, only the settings. I cannot seem to sync from ASM the apps we have licences for.  

Kelvin 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Kelvin I would double check with in organization - MDM settings and confirm that the Apple VPP accounts are there with the correct location where the apps are purchased for is listed.

VPP.PNGAlso are you on the free or paid version of Meraki?

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Thanks, I have just checked and both users are included there. I still cannot seem to sync any licences.

We are on the paid version.  

Thanks again.

Kelvin 

Thanks, I contacted support and they managed to resolve the issue (two issues), The settings were not applying because a setting wouldn't apply to shared iPads.  The VPP issue managed to sort itself out! 

Thanks again! 

Kelvin 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels