Change default Systems Manager Network?

SOLVED
JoshH
Getting noticed

Change default Systems Manager Network?

Hi,

I have recently set up a second systems manager network, is it possible to change the default systems manager network that devices are enrolled to, to be the new one? I cant find an option anywhere.

It mentions the default network under the add devices via QR code page:

"In the device's setup wizard, tap the screen 6 times then scan this QR code. The SM app will be auto-installed and auto-enroll the device in the default Network."

I just cant find an option to change the default...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This could definitely be clearer on our side!

AFW will use the same default network as set for Apple, under Organization>MDM. Set the default network here, even if you don't have a DEP token to submit. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 1.12.15 PM.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have never seen an option to do that.  Perhaps @jared_f might know more.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

The only mention of default network I see is under Organization > MDM (under the configure heading), but it is in reference to DEP. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This could definitely be clearer on our side!

AFW will use the same default network as set for Apple, under Organization>MDM. Set the default network here, even if you don't have a DEP token to submit. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 1.12.15 PM.png

JoshH
Getting noticed

I'll try thank you!

JoshH
Getting noticed

I changed the default this morning and have just enrolled a new device via QR but it is still enrolling into the network that I do not have set as my default.

Changing the setting that @Melissa suggested has not worked...

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

What happens if you use the enrollment code?

JoshH
Getting noticed

@jared_f Hi, I can use the enrollment code and it works to the new network, but not via QR or auto enrollment -  that puts them in the old Network.

The reason that we had to create a new SM network is because we were having issues with SM pushing things that we weren't pushing via the dashboard (it was pushing old WiFi settings and an incorrect app blacklist that had been removed from the dashboard) I had cases for these open with Meraki (that went on for months) but there was never a real solution other that to create a new SM network and transfer all the devices across to the new one.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@JoshH Could you move your devices over from the old dashboard and just delete the old one? I am wondering if you couldn’t generate anew QR code.

JoshH
Getting noticed

@jared_f I could but when the device is transferred over to the new network it removes all of the apps from their home screens (something to do with the dodgy white list on the old network) and they have to sign in to their email accounts again so I had just been moving devices over as and when they come through the IT department or when we have a problem.

Is there somewhere I can regenerate the QR code for the correct network?

Thanks

UPADTE: I have just scanned the v7 - v8 (Oreo) QR codes for both the old and new networks (Systems Manager > MDM > Add Devices) with a barcode scanner app and they are producing different URLs so its strange they they end up enrolling into the same network! -  I am going to test some more with a new device now...

UPDATE 2: After enrolling a new device the QR code has worked, must have take some time for the QR code to update when I change the default network from this morning.

@Melissa's solution was the fix, it just took time to apply the change and update the QR code.

Thanks for your help everyone!

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Glad all the kinks got worked out.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels