Bug report : Error: The profile “Privacy and Lock” is invalid.

SOLVED
FranckS
Here to help

Bug report : Error: The profile “Privacy and Lock” is invalid.

Hi.

I'm struggling deploying this profile on various iPhone or iPad with iOS 16 or iPadOS 15.

It worked one time on a device but it never worked on a second test on the same device.

The profile has nothing more allowing user-initiated activation lock.

The error message in the devices details is "Error: The profile “Privacy and Lock” is invalid."

Regards.

Franck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FranckS
Here to help

Hi. I can't contact the support as I still have a legacy enterprise instance. But I found a workaround. Following the "empty profile" error, I added another payload to the profile (in my context it was a restrictions payload) and then the profile started to deploy correctly. So I was eventually able to get my test devices set their User-Initiated Activation Lock. I didn't see the issue last summer because I originally had a Web Clip payload attached to the profile, which was removed afterwards. If someone at the support reads this message, there's something to check.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FranckS
Here to help

Error details

Code: 1000
Domain: MCProfileErrorDomain

Error: The profile “Privacy and Lock” is invalid.
Error: Empty profile
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You might need to contact support as that error message is saying the profile is empty. Are you sure you clicked save after adding in the activation lock payload? 

FranckS
Here to help

Hi. I can't contact the support as I still have a legacy enterprise instance. But I found a workaround. Following the "empty profile" error, I added another payload to the profile (in my context it was a restrictions payload) and then the profile started to deploy correctly. So I was eventually able to get my test devices set their User-Initiated Activation Lock. I didn't see the issue last summer because I originally had a Web Clip payload attached to the profile, which was removed afterwards. If someone at the support reads this message, there's something to check.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels