Automatic iOS updates

SOLVED
kevin36
New here

Automatic iOS updates

Hello,

Does the MDM offer an automated solution for iOS updates? Something that can be scheduled to push out? We have about 15 iPads over three locations and two different states. We can absolutely work with the option of doing it manually, but it would be great if we didn't have to.

Thank you for your time,

-Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@kevin36 No is the short answer, even if you push a device to update due to Apples wisdom if the device is locked  it won't automatically update, you basically need the end user in front of the device with it unlocked to force any updates.

It's a real pain and not something I've ever been able to get around and it's truely painful if you manage a larger number of devices.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@kevin36 No is the short answer, even if you push a device to update due to Apples wisdom if the device is locked  it won't automatically update, you basically need the end user in front of the device with it unlocked to force any updates.

It's a real pain and not something I've ever been able to get around and it's truely painful if you manage a larger number of devices.

We kind of figured it would be something like that. I appreciate your reply.

-Kevin

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels