Apple Classroom/Apple School Manager not Syncing correctly

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Apple Classroom/Apple School Manager not Syncing correctly

Just a heads up @Noah_Salzman, I'm on the phone with support right now but something is broken in the process of updating the Education Configuration profile onto iPads.

Meraki and ASM are syncing correctly but the sync is not triggering the Education Configuration profile to show as updated so the latest Apple Classroom settings are not being pushed to iPads.

This is causing teachers to not see students, they are offline or missing or seeing students who are no longer in their classes.

This had been working correctly that anytime there was a sync and new data was pulled the profile would show not up to date and trigger the update and this is no longer occurring.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
4 REPLIES 4
Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check-in on that in a bit. (To be fair, Support is far better at solving those types of issues than I am, but I can make sure they enough cold beers hot coffee at hand to solve the problem.)

I appreciate it and know that you can push from your end as well. 

I also wanted to make others aware if they were seeing weird behavior with Apple Classroom not appearing to sync correctly. 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Hopefully Meraki is working on a fix, otherwise things have gotten worse.

ASM.PNGASMMeraki.PNG

I can see that Meraki is requesting the information, classes begin syncing and then error message.

vassallon_0-1613764971725.png

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Noah_Salzman 

I've opened up a case with Apple Enterprise support as to what is occurring.

I am still able to sync devices between ASM and Meraki but I am not able to sync Education information which is necessary to getting Apple Classroom working.

Here is the response I got from Apple on Friday.

Nathan,

The issue is more thank likely related to the Classes API the MDM uses to sync the data from ASM. Typically, the MDM needs to work with the Apple’s Developer Technical Support team for issue with the Classes API integration and issues.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help the investigation with Meraki.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels