Android System apps

Solved
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Android System apps

Hi All, I am trying to allow Android devices that are set up in device owner mode to be able to use the gallery app. However it appears to be hidden, according to Samsungs website the gallery app became a system app in Android v11 which is fine but in Systems manager it notes that "By default all system apps are disabled." so I try to allow the app by searching in the list but I cannot find it. 

I've followed the below article and I am not getting anywhere. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Controlling_Android_System_Apps

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Deployment_Guides/Android_Enterprise_Deployment_Guide

Any help is appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution
dbl4500
Here to help

You have to know the package name of the samsung gallery app, then copy and paste it into the Allowlist under the "Android System Apps" setting. According to this site, the package name for the Samsung gallery app is com.sec.android.gallery3d
Once a system app gets disabled, I don't think there is a way to re-enable it without a factory reset. Therefore, I would suggest factory resetting the device and make sure the Allowlist setting is saved before re-enrolling the device in the SM network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
dbl4500
Here to help

You have to know the package name of the samsung gallery app, then copy and paste it into the Allowlist under the "Android System Apps" setting. According to this site, the package name for the Samsung gallery app is com.sec.android.gallery3d
Once a system app gets disabled, I don't think there is a way to re-enable it without a factory reset. Therefore, I would suggest factory resetting the device and make sure the Allowlist setting is saved before re-enrolling the device in the SM network.

Awesome thank you, worked a treat and I didn't have to restore the devices. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels