Webclips not deploying to homescreen

HGRICT
Comes here often

Webclips not deploying to homescreen

Hi, we have some ipads that seem to have stopped getting some webclips shortcuts deployed to their homscreen.

These ipads are tagged which gives them a profile, I have added the two Weclips to the Homescreen layout screen. (the last two)

HGRICT_0-1707265815566.png

And Webclips is enabled as a valid App.

HGRICT_1-1707265818402.png

I'm sure this same setup worked proviously but has stopped but i could be wrong.

5 Replies 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have never had success installing webclips using the "Home screen layout" method. I've always just added them using the stand alone profile option. 

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.05.18 PM.png

Ok we had another profile that had that way setup so i've assigned the ipad to just that profile.

Here we have the links needed.

HGRICT_0-1707269657814.png

Setup seems like it should be stright forward. Chrome is installed but again, No webclips are appearing on the homescreen still.

HGRICT_1-1707269693312.png

Check the device logs in the dashboard and make sure the policies are not cancelling each other out. I don't think you have can have seperate profiles with overlapping settings like restrictions or did you untag the other settings? 

I removed the other tag so it now only have one profile and i created a new profile and tag to test as well that only has the webclips as the only thing to does and still nothing showing up anywhere

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Raise a case with Meraki Support

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels